Summer is back and suddenly, there are so many things that you would like to finish within the next 3 months. It’s as if you can only do them during this time of the year.
There are actually 2 major things that most of us would like to do during this season: go on a grand vacation and do a house make-over.
Let me focus on the house make-over. And when I say “make-over”, it means everything that needs a major fix—from plumbing, cleaning, re-arranging, re-modeling, and of course, re-painting. Aside from the obvious reason that summer-time provides the ideal weather scenario to accomplish the said tasks, it is also the perfect opportunity to keep everyone else busy. Yup, those kids might come in handy at this point. The more hands you got, the quicker you get things done. Plus, take it as a chance to bond and enjoy each other’s company. It could turn out to be a fun activity after all.
But those are actually the “rewards” you get. So, why re-paint and not leave things as it is? Here are some of the reasons:
- Your home is a reflection of yourself. Don’t you agree? A well-kept home says a lot about the people/ person living in it. And a fresh, clean look can be achieved through the paint colors you choose.
- It adds value to your property. So if you plan on selling or having it rented, do this quickly. Especially, if it is a vacation property. You don’t want to miss this chance to earn, right? Besides, it is the most economical way to give your humble abode a new and inviting look.
- Protect yourself, your family, and your property. Paints are not only used for aesthetic appeal. It also serves as a line of protection for your surfaces. Start checking your roof for any repairs. Then, apply a good roofing paint or perhaps try those heat reflective coatings. That way, you are not only preparing for the rainy days but be ready for the summer heat coming your way.
- Because health is wealth. And yes, we sometimes overlook our surroundings that greatly affect our well-being. When you re-paint, you also take-away the bacteria on your walls where dust particles reside. The good news is, there are anti-bacterial and low-odor paints now available to help you achieve a healthier lifestyle for you and your family.
You see, re-painting doesn’t always have to be equated with “expenses” after all. There are wonderful benefits and enjoyable reasons why it should be done. So why not start now?
Are you getting tired of the paint color in your house that’s been there for as long as you can remember? Or maybe, while enjoying your once in a blue moon long-weekend, you noticed how mismatched the color of your paint is with your furniture? Perhaps, you are just simply bored with the one you have on your walls right now.
At a glance, to most of us, re-painting jobs can be a tedious and expensive task that we ended up just disregarding any plans of doing it. But really, this should not be the case. Because unlike before, materials involved in this kind of project are more readily available now and the option to just DIY is no longer far-fetched.
Below are helpful tips that would take away any second thoughts you may have in pushing through with your re-painting project:
- In general, use of Primer is no longer needed. However, you might want to consider applying one especially if you’re going from dark to a light colored paint. This will turn out to be very cost –efficient for you. Primers also provide better adhesion of the paint to the surface.
- Clean your surface thoroughly. Time and again, we remind people about the importance of good preparation. More so, for pre-painted walls. Washing and sanding your surface, you’ll find out, is worth your while. This will also steer you away from any great problems in the future.
- Take time in canvassing the things you need such as fillers for holes and cracks, and of course, the top coat that you will need. The outcome and savings will surely satisfy you.
- Remember that topcoats usually require 2 coatings. This will ensure good hiding for you. Plus, it brings out the true color of the paint you have chosen.
- Don’t be in a hurry. A couple of days more allotted for planning and budgeting will not hurt you. In fact, it will save you! List down everything that you will need and buy them one at a time, as your budget permits. These items, as long as stored properly, do not expire immediately anyway.
Now, you’re all set! It only takes a lot of practice and you’ll soon be a pro in painting 🙂
Have you ever been excited about a particular project, but when it is time to begin, you suddenly don’t know when and how to start? I’m sure you have. And I’m quite sure as well that at some point, you even thought of scratching it out at the middle of everything.
More often than not, this is the scenario when you do some re-painting works, particularly in your own home. Just after you have excitedly selected the new colors you want, you will be faced with other things such as cleaning materials, replacement of this and that, labor, additional materials, additional repairs, etc. Then you realize that you got your hands full. That is why it is important to plan ahead.
Planning ahead gives you an idea of how big or easy your project is going to be. You get to compute and budget all the things you will need.You also have the luxury of getting tips and advice from other people that will make things easier for you. If you are lucky, you might even stumble upon some great deals from various stores now that you have the time to do your research. Overall, you get to save a lot of money and time if enough preparation is given to your project. But you know what’s the most important thing you get out of planning ahead? You get exactly what you want and how you want it.
So the next time you thought of a project, take your sweet precious time in planning. You will be surprise how less stressful it is going to be. Remember, it is YOUR HOME 🙂